"There is still good in him..."

An open forum for discussing news, current events, politics and financial matters.

"There is still good in him..."

Postby Charles Kozierok on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:16 am

Watching the McCain appearance on SNL (see below), I am reminded of the end of the original Star Wars trilogy, when Luke Skywalker tells Darth Vader that he still senses good in him, and the latter saves the former to redeem himself. Watching this campaign, it has sometimes seemed like there were two different John McCains running: the old McCain who was a decent guy with some moral fiber, and the "new McCain" who was largely a creation of the GOP/Rove war machine he foolishly got into bed with.

Of all the post-mortems after the election that I am most interested in hearing, McCain's own will be at the top of the list. As shameful as his behavior has been over the last six months, I do hope the old McCain still is in there somewhere, and that he does have a chance to repair his reputation before he completely fades from public view.

Interested in joining AABW? Please read the forum information sheet / FAQ and if you feel you're a good match, follow the application instructions at the bottom. Thanks for reading!
Charles Kozierok
Site Admin

Return to News and Views