[ The PC Guide | Site Guide
I would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for
their help, direct or indirect, in the creation of this site:
- The contributors to the various PC-related newsgroups, who have provided me with a great
resource of both answers and questions.
- The writers of the various hardware FAQs, for helping me when I have needed it.
- The webmasters of several other hardware web sites for helping me learn both about PCs
and about how I wanted to create my site. Thanks also to those webmasters who gave my site
a plug when I was just getting started.
- Various hardware manufacturers, for their technical assistance. In particular, I want to
thank Western Digital's technical support
department, and a gentleman there (whose name I forgot to get, damn) that spent 20 minutes
on the phone with me one day answering all my silly questions.
- Everyone who donated hardware to the site to help me build up a library of devices for
creating photographs to illustrate the site.
- Chris Hare, for providing far more
feedback and advice regarding the site than I ever imagined anyone would. His help was
invaluable in the early weeks that the site was up.
- Everyone who has supported the site through either advertising
sponsorship or purchase of the Disk Edition.
- The hundreds of people who have provided moral support to me by taking the time to send
me very flattering email.
- Dean Kent, for providing much more
than financial support to this site, and for taking a chance on me when nobody knew who I
- Robert Stack, for
creating the front-page logo and several variations thereof.
- Steve Hakes, for his very generous contributions of graphic material.
- Bill Jacobs, for taking the time to write me about dozens of small problems he
discovered with the site as he read through it. (Proofreading one's own work is virtually
- Hale Landis, for being a sounding board,
answering questions and providing me with detailed information on hard disks and other
- Ryan and Matthew, for putting up with me always hogging the "'puter". :^)
- And last but definitely not least, my wife Robyn, who had to put up with all the hours I
spent in front of the PC working on this thing, not to mention all the hours I bent her
ear talking about it... She had to pick up a lot of slack in order that I might have the
time necessary to do a good job of writing this site. In addition, she helped me with the
site layout and assisted with the difficult task of determining how to structure the site.
Next: Articles and
Home - Search
- Topics - Up