PDA

View Full Version : Front Panel Connection Problem

WildByte
09-01-2002, 11:39 PM
I just tried to upgrade a old systems motherboard to a ASUS A7V333 but I ran into trouble connecting the front panel lights and power button connector into the motherboard. The cases front panel connector is a single plug instead of individual plugs for the leds and power. The plug does not fit in the Motherboards Frontpanel connector. And I have been unable to turn on the machine. Please if you know of a way to fix this post here. Thanks.

mjc
09-01-2002, 11:51 PM
You could possibly try pulling the wires out of the connector (there should be a little hole on the side where you cna insert a pin or needle to release the lock tab) and then connect them directly to the new motherboard.

ranchdog
09-02-2002, 11:14 AM
What I do is take a razor blade
and carefully cut thru the plug
(vertically) seperating these
wires from each other.

This way the individual wires
will still plug in as they always
did but can be done as single wires.

RD.

WildByte
09-02-2002, 09:44 PM
I don't think I could cut up this connector. The cable is a ribbon cable so I could probably cut off the connector and some how connect the wires but how would i keep them in place. And if it doesn't work, I wont be able to start the computer at all.

Budfred
09-02-2002, 10:07 PM
Maybe pick up an old case from a more generic computer at a used parts store or eBay??

Budfred