PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DVD-120S

tibbar
09-21-2003, 01:24 AM
Hello all,

I am having some trouble with my Pioneer DVD-120S. It seems that both the BIOS and WIN2K see it by name but it will not read DVDs. It runs CDs without any problems. The device manager sees it as a DVD player because it give the region setting options that my CD-RW does not have. I have checked the drivers and it seems to be useing the default CD drivers from WIN2K. :confused: I have been to the Pioneer sight and they don't seem to have any drivers for the drive. I was just woundering if anyone out there has any idea what I can do to get the drive to read DVDs.

Thanx

BBS
09-21-2003, 01:31 AM
Welcome to PC Guide Discussion Forums.

I have no clear idea on the problem, however, it will not harm if you check the regional settings for the DVD drive and the DVD ROM.

tibbar
09-21-2003, 02:15 AM
I have and it is Region 1 which is what I want it to be.

Budfred
09-21-2003, 03:06 AM
If you are talking about reading DVD movies, I believe they usually require software like WinDVD or others to play movies.

tibbar
09-22-2003, 03:20 AM
No I am talking about reading any DVD. Data or movies. I tried a DVD movie with WinDVD.

Budfred
09-22-2003, 08:41 PM
I would probably Remove the driver in Safe Mode (if you find more than one, remove them all) and let Windoze redetect and reinstall the driver. If it still comes up as a CD driver, it will probably require tracking down and manually installing a DVD driver. Post back what you find out and we can try to help track down a driver if needed.