PDA

View Full Version : Excel problems

wiltrot
01-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Hello, I need your help here please.
The Excel program is not working properly.
Whenever I open an Excel file (by clicking on the file its self) I get a message that it canít find such & such file at such & such location and then I get a blank Excel (with no grid). But once the program is up I can open a file from the ďopenĒ folder in the tool bar.
Iíve seen this kind of thing before in Word, something to do with deleting a corrupt file or something like that. Thanks for the help. :)

wiltrot
01-23-2007, 08:39 AM
SYMPTOMS
When you double-click a Microsoft Excel workbook (.xls file) in Microsoft Windows Explorer, Excel does not open the file, and you may receive the following error message:
Cannot find the file 'path' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.
Excel may actually open, but the file will not open. If Excel is already running, a second instance of Excel may start.
Back to the top

CAUSE
This problem may occur if the Ignore other applications setting in Excel is selected.
Back to the top

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, follow these steps: 1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Click to clear the Ignore other applications check box, and then click OK.
After you do this, you should be able to open workbooks by double-clicking them in Windows Explorer.

wiltrot
01-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks! :)